Subject: Re: more... recording on the iAudio x5

Re: more... recording on the iAudio x5

From: Erin Chaves <em_chalet_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:12:17 -0500

Steve wrote:
This is a known RB issue which presently affects all the coldfire processor targets including the I-audio X5, Iriver H1xx, and Iriver H3xx devices. From the research I have done, the problem is tied in with the UDMA additions made on November 19 and the properties of the voice file you are using. So far as recording is concerned, I don't know what benefits UDMA adds, though I'm sure it helps in some way. I have asked for assistance on this list to help find out what specifically needs to be changed in the voice files to allow RB to record properly, but so far, I have only been told that certain people have voice files which don't cause the recorders to hang. What we need, though, are the specific settings used to generate the voice files in the first place, not yet another one-stop shop for voices. That has, and always should be, the voice building wikki at Rockbox.org.

Steve,

Yes, I did read through the archives, and I did see your previous post concerning this issue and also recommending someone sticking with a build before November 19. I would love to try that option and see how it goes! I just can't seem to get my hands on a daily build from that time. Do you know how I might get hold of one?
I really appreciate your response.

As a side note about the archives, it really does help when people follow the list guide lines when replying to messages, creating new messages for new subjects, etc. It's really aggravating trying to follow the thread otherwise!

Wishing you all a good week,

Erin