Subject: iaudio x5 and midi files

iaudio x5 and midi files

From: Sergei V. Fleytin <fleytin_at_yandex.ru>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:00:17 +0300

Hello to everyone.

My friend and I both have iaudio x5l units and are interested in the
possibility to play midi files with them. But so far we have no
success. Rockbox justs freezes while trying to play those files. On
the irc channel I was told that the problem might be because the
patchset is too big and iaudio just don't have enough memory. My
friend got a patchset that is just 8 mb in size but the problem still
exists.

So my question is:

1. Has anyone succesfully played midi on iaudio x5?

2. May using speech in rockbox actually prevent us from being able to
play such a files?

Thanks.

Sergei.