Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: Updated voice files
Re: Updated voice files
From: Hamish Mackenzie <hamish_at_mackenzieoz.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:19:30 +1100
I am having trouble making an english.voice file using the lang file you have posted. When I drop your lang file into my voice creation folder and then right click and choose open with command prompt on the make voices script all I get is an english.voice file that is about 5kb and will therefore not be one that will work. I used to make voice files using the Australian lee voice using the lang files that Steve B used to post and this worked with no problems before. I did however notice that your lang file is 150kb where Steve's is only about 35kb. I am not sure what the difference is but when I look at the two files I see a lot more punctuation in yours such as underscores all over the place that are not present in his. If you could send me a copy of your make voices script I can then edit it to use the lee voice. If you dont mind then please send it to me at
If anyone can shed some light on my problems that would be great.
Thanks as always.
----- Original Message -----
From: Grant Hardy
To: Rockbox-Users List
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 11:22 AM
Subject: Updated voice files
In response to another member's question, I have posted some updated VoiceFiles, along with an extracted copy of the current english.lang file, to my website. I am still awaiting Wiki write permissions. The website is:
Received on 2007-01-16