Subject: An update on recording screen crashes with voice files

An update on recording screen crashes with voice files

From: Stephen Clower <steve_at_steve-audio.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:25:32 -0600

Morning all,

Yesterday, Andre Louis and I sat down to determine what may be causing
certain voice files to crash upon exiting the recording screen in Rockbox.
Though this might be incorrect, the solution appears to be the duration of
each clip within the compiled voice file. We observed that voices created
with speeds exceeding 260 words per minute would cause Rockbox to hang when
exiting the recording screen, and those underneath this limit would work
normally. As far as we could ascertain, the voice’s sample rate and lame
encoding options had no effect on the results. Again, I note that this bug
occurred when UDMA support for Coldfire targets was implemented in Rockbox
on November 19, 2006. For any developers on this list, is this sufficient
information to track down the bug?

Thanks and best regards,

Steve