Subject: Re: Blind user has question about playing files with iPod

Re: Blind user has question about playing files with iPod

From: Grant Hardy <grant_hardy_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:34:24 -0800

> Hi guys,
> I have an iPod 60 GB iPod video, and am having >problems playing a file.
> I can choose the file and play. Then, I stop playing >it. I go to choose
> a second file, hit play, and the file that I >was playing before will
> begin playing. The first file isn't even >in the same directory as my
> second file. I'm confused.
In Rockbox, the "play" button doesn't necessarily perform the same action as
the original firmware's play button. On the Ipod, I believe, the play
button simply toggles between playing and pausing. When you've stopped
playback, it will resume at exactly the last point that you were upon
stopping the playback. To select a song and play it, use right from within
the file browser.

Grant