Subject: Re: Iriver H340 won't tolk twice

Re: Iriver H340 won't tolk twice

From: Mike Keithley <mkeithley_at_pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:41:10 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for the quoting heads-up.

-Do you use 'fade on stop and pause'? This causes problems, because fading
-also decreases speech volume (a critical bug!). So, if you:
-- Have "fade on stop and pause" turned on
-- Pause the player
-- Wait for idle timeout (the unit is shut down, volume gets saved)
-- Start it again
-Volume is still zero (I'm almost cretain, have not tested). So turn
-"fade..." off (may help) or don't shut down the player after pausing.
-
I did have fade turned on. Turning it off does appear to have resolved this
problem.

It seems that the olnly way to boot Rockbox is to have the player on
battery. If I plug it in to power, and press "on", the Iriver firmware
boots. When I unplug power and hold the "off" button five seconds or so and
then turn the player on, Rockbox boots. Is this the way the system is
supposed to work?

Tnank you very much.