Subject: Question about iaudio x5 and voicing file names

Question about iaudio x5 and voicing file names

From: Steven M. Sawczyn <steve_at_sawczyn.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:50:23 -0500

Greetings, a friend of mine just got an Iaudio X5 and got rockbox installed.
Although the menus are voiced perfectly, the file names and folders are not
spoken at all. We've checked in the speech settings and this is where I'm a
bit confused. I use an iPod myself, but thought the speech options would be
the same. She, however, only seems to have options to voice filenames
on/off and voice directories on/off. As far as we know, they're both set to
on, however nothing is being voiced. Can the X5 spell filenames, or will
she need to generate the .talk files?
I'd really appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance,

Steve