Subject: Re: config file on an ipod vidio

Re: config file on an ipod vidio

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:15:22 -0600

Hello. I followed the instructions on the rockbox manual on how to create a config file for my ipod video but it only says ".rockbox.cfg" or something like that. I try and hit the select key hoping it will just choose a name but it won't. I arrow through and hit letters but when I select them it appears at the end of the file not the beginning. help! I know I'm missing something but I can't get it through my thick head.
Sarah Alawami
Hi Sarah,
I have created one on my Video, and I either made it write with the select button, or the "twelve o'clock" button.
But you may not get confirmation that it has been written, so you will need to browse to the .Rockbox folder to find it.
If your unit is set to show all files, you should hear it spelled by Rockbox, otherwise, use your computer to browse to it.
There, you can rename it, and/or copy it out of that directory.
HTH
Glenn