Subject: RE: battery capacity for iriver h340

RE: battery capacity for iriver h340

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 10:29:11 -0000 (UTC)

Paul Nugent wrote:
> Well Mike,
>
> I have noticed this before on this list, how rude and abrupt people can
> be.
> I am sorry if my question offended you. It might have been quicker if you
> had given me the answer rather than point me at some documentation. I
> will
> now unsubscribe from what appears to be a very unwelcoming list. If I was
> constantly asking questions, I would understand the abruptness, but I
> haven't been. This is my third and final contribution.
>
> Paul Nugent

Sorry Paul, pleas don't unsubscribe on my part. I was ruder than your
question warranted. Sorry about that.

However, when you say it would be quicker to tell you the answer rather
than for you to read the documentation, then really I wonder why we bother
to create all these documents that describe how things work!

The etiquette for this forum is well laid out in recent emails to ell
subscribers, and it is general internet etiquette as well, that if you
have a question, you first read the manual to try to find the answer. If
the more knowledgeable posters on here spent all their time answering
questions that were already in the manual, they would never get anything
else done!

I hope you can see my point here!

Please don't unsubscribe, as Rockbox is great, and put together by a lot
of wonderful people, for free (including the documentation!). Enjoy it
like it was meant to be enjoyed!
--
Mike Holden
http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted