Subject: Re: ipod 4g 40Gb won't run, in recovery mode loop - HELP!!!

Re: ipod 4g 40Gb won't run, in recovery mode loop - HELP!!!

From: David B. <dsbhealer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:25:44 -0800 (PST)

I ran checkdisk on the ipod and the check came back saying everything is fine on the disk.

  I believe that the problem is probably with the files on the hidden partition. There may be a problem with the firmware (is that the software uploaded to the memory chips on the circuit board of the ipod).

  I did restore the original ipod software with ipodpatcher, but this has not fixed the problem.

  How do I read the file list on the hidden partition?

  How do I replace all of the files on the hidden partition with the files that apple originally shipped the ipod with?

  Running the ipod updater from the original ipod disk causes an error code (newer version of ipod software installed, or something to that effect) and the software shuts down.

  Itunes is still ineffective and is not restoring the ipod to the point of it being able to function.

  David B.

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.