Subject: Re: ipod 4g 40Gb won't run, in recovery mode loop - It's FIXED!!!

Re: ipod 4g 40Gb won't run, in recovery mode loop - It's FIXED!!!

From: Jean-Philippe Monteiro <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:41:20 +0700

On Thursday 8 February 2007 06:58, David B. wrote:
> It's fixed!! I brought the ipod to a local Mac repair shop (not an apple
> store). They had to reset the ipod after opening it up several times, then
> formated the drive and then restored it.
>
> Thanks for your help everyone.
>
> David B.

Glad to know that. If you are not buying online music from iTune shop, then
you actually don't need the apple-iTune thing. You can go for Rockbox & just
copy & paste the content of your /mydocuments/myMusic/itunes/ folder on the
Pod... And avoid inconsistencies between the two OS's...

A lot of people report using both trouble-free though.

Cheers

Jean-Philippe.

--
SuSE93 Linux Kernell 2.6.11.4-21.14 KDE 3.4.0 Kontact 1.1 Kmail 1.8
PHNOM PENH - CAMBODIA