Subject: Re: Jukebox 6000 has no access to Main Menu

Re: Jukebox 6000 has no access to Main Menu

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:15:12 +0100

On 11.02.2007, A. Lester Buck III wrote:

> When I press the Menu button on my Jukebox 6000, here are the
> menu items I get:

> Volume
> Sound
> Play Mode
> Language
> Hard Disk
> Diagnose
> Firmware
> External
> Contrast

> I can't figure out what menu this is, but it sure isn't the

That's the original firmware's menu, not rockbox. Either you
didn't install rockbox correctly, or you ran into a problem the
built-in firmware has on older versions of the player: sometimes
it doesn't find and load an on-disk archos.mod even though it
exists.
This probably depends on how the root directory structures look
on disk. There are 2 alternatives to try for fixing that:

1) Defragmenting the disk might put archos.mod in a place where
   it's reliably found by the in-rom original firmware.

2) If the former doesn't help, make sure you have a backup of
   your music. Then reformat the harddrive with fat32.
   Unzip rockbox into a folder on your computer, not directly
   to the Jukebox. From this folder, first copy archos.mod to
   your Jukebox, then copy the .rockbox folder. This makes sure
   that archos.mod is the first entry in the root directory.
   Rockbox should boot ok now, and you can put back your music.

Regards, Jens