Subject: Re: Ipod 60 photo battery charging

Re: Ipod 60 photo battery charging

From: Jean-Philippe Monteiro <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 07:12:33 +0700

On Friday 16 February 2007 07:40, Blind Treasures wrote:
> I don't get the chance to follow this list very often so please have
> mercy on me if this has been asked before.
> I recently purchased an Ipod 60 photo and am having trouble getting the
> battery to last more than a few hours. The manual states that the
> battery should have a 15 hour battery life but I don't get anywhere near
> that. I've tried charging it both through the USB port and also via the
> wall adapter. I've also tried booting up through the Ipod firmware with
> no more success.
> I've also owned an Ipod 30 video and didn't have any luck with that unit
> holding more than a few hours charge either.
> Is this a known bug with the Rockbox firmware or is this just the way it
> is? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your
> time.
>
> Tony

We do not own the same model - previously a Photo20gb, currently a Video30gb.

My wife reports 10 hours with Apple firmware & 6-7 with Rockbox; this is not
what the factory advertise, of course.

I think, above 6 hours, you do not have to worry about your battery status.
Below that, it may be good to switch to Apple firmware for a while, and try
to get a true assessment before going for the change. 9-10 hours should prove
a healthy battery.

We charge overnight usually, with the Rockbox firmware OFF, from a jbl
pod-sation of some sort. Beware that Wall-Charging "straight" has a bug that
makes your unit reboot continuously on some models, it may prevent correct
charge & must definitely not be healthy for the HDD. For proper wall-charge,
you should reboot in apple mode.

Hope this helps,

Jean-Philippe.

--
PHNOM PENH - CAMBODIA
ubuntu 6.06 kernel 2.6.15 Enlightenment DR16