Subject: iRiver H320 keeps turning off

iRiver H320 keeps turning off

From: Scott Rumery <blindfaith36_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:08:22 -0500

     Hi,
    I bought my girlfriend a used iRiver H320 from Ebay, and I have
installed Rockbox on it. I have a current daily build on the unit, but I
have noticed that whenever the units battery level gets down to about half
charbed, the unit then shuts off. To me this seems like it may be a battery
issue, but could it also be a failing hard drive? I am also blind. Would
it be possible for a blind person to replace a battery or a hard drive in
one of these units, and if I can figure out how to actually get inside the
unit, where do I find a new battery for the H320, or a new hard drive for
it? And if one installs a new hard drive into one of these players how do
you go about installing the iRiver firmware on it so that you can start
working with the drive?
        I hope that this all makes sense. I am not a newbie or anything,
but I just have never gone on the inside of one of these players. I don't
feel any screws on the backside of the unit, so how in the heck do you
actually get on the inside if it?

Scott