Subject: Re: h340 ogg freezes

Re: h340 ogg freezes

From: victor rajewski <askvictor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:32:32 +1100

On 2/12/07, Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.org> wrote:
> Symptoms are random freezes of the box when playing back. The only pattern
> I can see is that the freeze invariably happens within the first 2 seconds
> of a new song when playing a playlist. The unit requires a hard reset with
> a paperclip to interrupt the freeze. After that, the same songs will
> normally play back fine, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with
> specific files.

Does it happen with all ogg files? I've had similar problems with some
oggs that were encoded with a beta encoder a few years back. Try
playing them using the iriver firmware and see what happens - the ogg
files I had sounded a bit garbled and 'under-water' in the original
firmware, and didn't play or froze up in rockbox.

vik