Subject: Re: h340 ogg freezes

Re: h340 ogg freezes

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:56:10 -0000 (UTC)

victor rajewski wrote:
> On 2/12/07, Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.org> wrote:
>> Symptoms are random freezes of the box when playing back. The only
>> pattern
>> I can see is that the freeze invariably happens within the first 2
>> seconds
>> of a new song when playing a playlist. The unit requires a hard reset
>> with
>> a paperclip to interrupt the freeze. After that, the same songs will
>> normally play back fine, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with
>> specific files.
>
> Does it happen with all ogg files? I've had similar problems with some
> oggs that were encoded with a beta encoder a few years back. Try
> playing them using the iriver firmware and see what happens - the ogg
> files I had sounded a bit garbled and 'under-water' in the original
> firmware, and didn't play or froze up in rockbox.

No it doesn't happen with all files, and files that have previously failed
will then play normally later on, so as I said above, I don't think it's
an issue with the files themselves. None of the files actually sound
corrupted.

However since posting the query, I haven't actually seen another freeze
since, so fingers crossed ...
--
Mike Holden
http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted