Subject: Re: Boot loader?

Re: Boot loader?

From: Michael DiFebbo <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:58:57 -0500

Dave wrote:
> Has anyone taken an audio player running Rockbox, and successfully added
> a boot loader so that one can choose between Rockbox and the player's
> original firmware via a menu?
>
> I'm running Rockbox on an iPod Nano.

1. PLEASE do not ask a new question in a response to an
existing discussion. If you have a new question, start a
NEW e-mail. Your question about dual-booting your ipod now
appears in our archives in the middle of a thread entitled
"rockbox on the sansa e200."

2. You can dual-boot your Nano using the official
bootloader. Instructions for doing so can be found in
Chapter 3 of the Rockbox Manual:

http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-ipodnano/rockbox-buildch3.html#x5-190003.1.2

A number of other Rockbox platforms also support dual boot.
  Instructions for dual-booting on those platforms is
contained in the corresponding section of the Rockbox Manual
for each player on which that feature is supported.