Subject: Re: hi and ui question from a new user

Re: hi and ui question from a new user

From: wLLm <w1ll14m_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:16:46 +0100

Gary Bavarski,

Are you using Software EQ or any other software DSP options?,
if so, this can cause some lag to the ui.
Also the decoding process of some codecs are CPU Hungry
like you can run a mp3_at_320kbps (realy eats CPU power)
or you can run a mp3 encoded at 192kbps (also good quality) this would use
less cpu power to decode. Oh olmost forgot, rockbox is still in the early
stages, and needs a lot of optimizing just check the daily's a few times per
week to keep your self up-to-date.

Also there are some patches that can get a little more performance out of
the pp50xx (most ipod's) targets like COP patch etc, but in that case you
will need to create your custom build.
An alternative is use a unsupported build (found on the rockbox forums)
sometimes they have version's that work a little faster but we can't
guarantee the stability of those unsopprted custom builds.

Have fun with rockbox :)

Regards,
William (w1ll14m)