Subject: Re: FW: [users] Slow Monday -- No Bots?

Re: FW: [users] Slow Monday -- No Bots?

From: claus <claus.list_at_schweiz.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:58:19 +0100

Hello list,

I do not reply to any contribution in particular just my 2 cents.
I am on the list with very seldom contriutions and I do not receive any
spam through this list (yet).

I installed webmail accounts for friends of mine on domains like Yahoo
and even though they NEVER left their e-mail on a webpage or a list
they receive spam!

My personal conclusions on that observation are:
o harvesters are only one problem (I can not give a ranking)
o harvesters are not as smart as one may think

o either these e-mail have been found on infected PCs and
   collected (a lot of PCs of friends that I had to look at have
   some strange files that virusscanners complain of)
o or the algorithm of combining names and domains to
   e-mail adresses are smart enough and even less time consuming
   than harversters
o or both

I think the rockbox core team is doing realy enough to protect our
e-mail addresses. Have a look at other websites!

Cheers
Claus