Subject: RE: FW: [users] Slow Monday -- No Bots?

RE: FW: [users] Slow Monday -- No Bots?

From: Christopher Woods <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:03:28 -0000

Ack, I'm not trying to come over as a rude person, that that has even
happened has annoyed me greatly. I'm incredibly appreciative of the
continued efforts of everybody involved in the RB project, I'm forever
extolling the virtues of RB to everyone I speak to who's the slightest bit
techy, and I'm appreciative also of the project-related forums such as this
one in which we all have a chance to contribute and discuss issues at hand.

I just feel that this whole emails-on-the-archive thing, it's a bit of an
oversight, to be honest. I know it's not a corporate network, I didn't know
you weren't "in charge" of it though (your previous emails on the matter
indicated that you were in charge of the mailing list, so I came to the
logical conclusion that you were the, or one of the, admins)... And, to be
honest I'm a little surprised at your rather laid-back attitude towards
spam.

I'm a little perplexed at how you asked me to go find and submit the patches
or whatever, and then when I do do a bit of searching around, find an option
which would quite readily obscure addresses from the public-view of the
archives, you appear (to me, at least) to become defensive and declare my
attitude to be rude enough to ignore. What did I do in finding a possible
workable solution to annoy you more?

Personal differences, I suppose. I was surprised that the list doesn't fully
protect addresses from a. nonymous viewing them on the web, I've worked very
hard to keep this address (like several others I use) spam free for a long
time, and it's only after the recent airings of my address on the mailing
list archives (as also indicated by Google) that I've received an upsurge in
junkmail. Can you see why I'm a bit miffed about all of this?

It's hard to have a decent, understanding conversation about this kind of
thing via email, it makes things very impersonal, and people can sometimes
come over a little brash or obnoxious, certainly more than they desire to be
(I hate confrontation myself, I was merely trying to discuss an issue at
hand which affects everyone) and I'm sorry if you took offense at what I
said. I'm not the kind of person who's prone or wont to causing unnecessary
aggravation.