Subject: Re: Question to moderaters about Blind users Rockbox list

Re: Question to moderaters about Blind users Rockbox list

From: Tapio Kelloniemi <spammi.helevetti_at_nbl.fi>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 13:09:50 +0200

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 10:11:20AM -0000, Onj wrote:
> Good day moderaters, I have a quick question.
> If I set up a list for blind users on my domain about Rockbox, so that the
> main list doesn't get cluttered up with top-posting etc, and I can post my
> voice file updates to them, instead of a list that probably doesn't care,

Sighted folks also use speech, they have most likely developed it also...
And it seems to me that you are currently the only one who updates voices
regularly, so your voices are the only opinion for those who want
to use speech, current SVN versions of Rockbox, and who don't want to
create their own voice files. Your voice file update information is
appropriate for rockbox-users list.

> and being blind myself, I thought I might try to help this list stay
> exactly as it was set up to be, and start another one on the side.
> Of course anybody would be able to join it, though sighted folk might not
> like it nearly as much because of the top-posting angle.

WTF? I have not read this top-posting thing, since top-posting seems to be
permanent problem on this list, because window$ users post to this list
and they and their micro$oft software don't follow netiquette. As much as I
understand, blind people hate top-posting as much as sighted ones.

I think that blind people on this list make too much noise about themselves.
Some of them seem to think that they don't need to read the manual before
asking questions. I'm not saying that sighted ones are not doing the same, but
it seems that blind ones are forgiven this.

What comes to creating a separete list for blind users: I don't recommend it,
nor would I join it (I'm blind also), because:
1. Such list would probably be full of questions like: "I'm blind, can I buy
   iPod and will it speak to me?"
2. There would't be many Rockbox experts who could answer more complicated
   questions.

--
Tapio