Subject: Re: Question to moderaters about Blind users Rockbox list

Re: Question to moderaters about Blind users Rockbox list

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 08:26:38 -0700

On : Saturday, March 03, 2007 4:53 AM

Hello List, hello Onj.
Not beeing a moderator of this list, nevertheless I want to make a few
points.

Onj wrote:
> That's kind of that really. you've not been forced into joining, you
> will not be forced into joining, you have not been forced into
> joining, you are actually not joined. Is that good enough for you
> sir?

so, how will he, or any other sighted user interested, know that you've
updated your voice file?

> It's merely a place for sharing other made voice files, queeries for
> other such files perhaps with different engines, and that really is
> that. Since it's just a sub function of rockbox and not appropriate
> to a lot of users here, why waste their time to read?

considering the amount of messages on this list over the past few month
dealing with voice, voice-related questions or even with voice-engines :
what makes you so sure about this?

> I have made myself extremely clear at this point, message ends. Thank
> you very much.

You're welcome. There's just one thing I don't understand: as it has
been mentioned before, it seems you're the only one currently
maintaining an up-to-date voice file. This, as Linus already pointed
out, is a good thing. Now, I dont really get why you want to hide with
your work right away, or consider it as something that might bother
other people. You contribute to the Bockbox-Community. You are welcome
to do this 'in public'.

I hope I made myself clear, too.
Regards,

Benjamin

**Bottome posting! Just takes a little efort right?

I for one, do not wish to subscribe to another list specific to the blind.
many, if not all, developers monitor this list and there knowledge and
assistance comes in most valuable at times. Personally,I'm getting a little
tired of segregation. Onge! I don't know why you feel that you are
cluttering this list. Many sighted folks use the voice UI and will also
take advantage of your fine work. Thus you will be cross posting anyways.

Feel free to create a blind list if you like but I for one, will not be
subscribing.

I like the comunity as it stands right now...rocker