Subject: Re: Email ettiquette (was RE: windows won't detect my ipod)

Re: Email ettiquette (was RE: windows won't detect my ipod)

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 11:01:22 -0600

Speaking of the blind folks, btw, I see many times that the quoted text
is unmarked as such, making it hard to distinguish the quoted text from
the reply. Is it a screen reader friendly thing?

Linus

* The reason we usually go in and turn that off is we don't like hearing
"greater"
at the beginning of each line.
We can tone down our punctuation settings, i.e., how much punctuation is
spoken, but then we miss wanted punctuation at other times.
In some of my computers, I have set a JFW dictionary definition such that
when a > is encountered, it reads a plane space.
This also always throws me when I need to type a > and I hear nothing.
But any extra character can really be distracting when hearing it at the
beginning of each line.
Glenn