Subject: RE: New menu structure questions

RE: New menu structure questions

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:04:53 -1000

.From: "Grant Hardy"<grant_hardy_at_telus.net>
.
.As much as I still absolutely love Rockbox, I must admit that I don’t
.understand the rationale behind the new menu structure. Theoretically, this
.menu structure probably is more logical; but realistically, it adds an extra
.few keystrokes to practically any task. I am very disappointed. As one who
.cannot use the quick menus, I used to be able to quickly pop into general
.settings to change my file view or shuffle options, but it is no longer that
.easy.

I wholeheartedly agree. And if I set my iPod to resume on startup, hold down Play for two seconds so I can check battery charge or something, I have to hunt around to resume the file I was just listening to. And as I mentioned yesterday, there no longer seems to be an easy way to determine the name of the currently playing track with speech. Please let us know why these changes have been made, and if the reasons aren't too compelling, it would be great to have the former functionality back.

Regards,
Anna