Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: bootloader questions

Re: bootloader questions

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:40:03 +0000

Woody Anna Dresner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Installing the new iPod bootloader is really slick - thanks to everyone
> who worked on it. I have a couple questions, though, which I can't find
> the answers to in the manual or the FAQ.
>
> How do you uninstall Rockbox? The manual says to type commands at the
> DOS prompt, but I think that text must apply to the old bootloader, not
> the new one, because it says to type N, where N is the number associated
> with your iPod's storage location, and if you install using the new
> bootloader, you won't have this information.

I'll add an uninstall option to the interactive version of ipodpatcher
with the next release - which will probably be today sometime.

The N is now optional in ipodpatcher, so the correct uninstall command
is simply:

"ipodpatcher -d"

> How do you reset to the default Rockbox settings? The FAQ says to turn
> the hold switch on while resetting, but that's how you get to the Apple
> firmware. Thanks.

You need to turn the hold switch on between the time the bootloader
starts and the time Rockbox starts.

Alternatively, you can simply delete the config.cfg file in the .rockbox
folder when your ipod is connected to your computer.

Dave.