Subject: Blind user wanting to get Rockbox into flash on H120

Blind user wanting to get Rockbox into flash on H120

From: Brent Harding <bharding_at_doorpi.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 17:09:23 -0600

I want to put Rockbox in flash on my H120 to take advantage of the faster
not make Rockbox run better. First, will I have to patch an original hex
file again with a new boot loader as I still have the boot loader that was
current in the fwpatcher.exe from build 120-20061031. I put yesterday's
build on disk over that old build and the new voice and config file. When I
put the boot loader file in the root directory and hold enter when I'm on it
for open with, how many times will I need to arrow down since the voice
isn't speaking the options in that menu so I can get to Iriver_flash? I
assume the options in that menu only allow you to open the boot loader file
with that plugin, and the firmware one would have the rolo and the
Iriver_flash options. I hate to just arrow once and hit enter and play and
mess things up if my assumption isn't right. I wonder why the plugin names
aren't spelled by the voice files anyways, at least in yesterday's build?