Subject: RE: Sansae200 bootloader

RE: Sansae200 bootloader

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:37:54 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, valiant wrote:

> I guess my main question is what to do after I get the rockbox.zip extracted
> into my sansae200 rout dir. After that, things get confusing and I can't
> tell exactly which steps I should take.

1. Unzip rockbox.zip
2. copy the PP5022.mi4 bootloader
3. decrypt the original firmware mi4 file
4. reboot

> The information at the link you provided for my convenience doesn't seam to
> have the same idea behind it as I do.

That page contains a step-by-step guide on how to install.

> I just want to get rockbox up and running. It looks like the information at
> that link is intended for those who wish to participate in the development
> of the firmware.

I disagree. It explains how to install Rockbox on a Sansa. But of course we
want to encourage everyone who installs Rockbox to participate in the project.

> I think I have what I need. There are two files, called mi4code0.9.33beta
> (0.9.33).zip And PP5022.MI4

Those are needed to decrypt the OF, yes.

> That's as far as I've gotten. I believe my specific question would be how to
> finish the installation process if I left off where I just described.

I think you should follow the install guides we've written so that we don't
have to repeat it. It also reduces the risk of me forgetting some tiny detail
when writing a quick email reply like this.