Subject: Re: List question for the Moderators

Re: List question for the Moderators

From: Rich <richtone_at_vnet.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:49:39 -0500

On Thursday, March 15, 2007 7:36 PM, "Sarai"<bucc7465_at_bellsouth.net> stated:
Snip
> Someone wrote me off list and mentioned something
> about top posting? I'm blind, and not sure how to get
> Outlook to do that. Can anyone let me know off list?

Dear Sarai,

This is a great question for the list at large so I'll respond here
publically.

I'm using Outlook Express. I have to manually make my responses to the
group follow proper form. . It doesn't happen automatically.

You only want to include the minimum information necessary to set up the
question and answer. Anything more than that is wasteful noise on this
channel.

If I just instruct Outlook Express to respond, type my answer and then send,
then I have just top posted which is in poor form. It's confusing to read
if you've just sat down or been reading about other topics.

Instead, after initiating respond, I Edit what' Outlook Express puts there
so as to get rid of a bunch of the useless junk. I might trim down the body
of the post I'm responding to a single phrase, sentence or whatever the
least amount of information that has to be expressed to clearly state the
topic that I want to respond to. This just creates a smooth set up for what
I'm about to say.

Then, I put my answer beneath the set up I just manually created.

Try to keep the whole package crisp and to the point. Reread and try to
remove ambiguities.

Snide or smart A__ comments in good form contribute nothing to the group
cause. This is not elementary school.

Good luck.

Richard
***