Subject: Re: List question for the Moderators

Re: List question for the Moderators

From: Brian Wolven <bcwolven_at_jhu.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:10:08 -0400

Rich wrote:
> On Thursday, March 15, 2007 7:36 PM, "Sarai"<bucc7465_at_bellsouth.net> stated:
> Snip
>> Someone wrote me off list and mentioned something
>> about top posting? I'm blind, and not sure how to get
>> Outlook to do that. Can anyone let me know off list?
>
> Dear Sarai,
>
> This is a great question for the list at large so I'll respond here
> publically.
>
> I'm using Outlook Express. I have to manually make my responses to the
> group follow proper form. . It doesn't happen automatically.

Bottom posting is the default if you download and install either Outlook-QuoteFix

http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/

or OE-QuoteFix

There is a nice discussion about why these programs are needed on the website,
as well as instructions on how to use them. I've used both, and highly recommend
them (although I never use OE anymore...).