Subject: iriver H340 instability

iriver H340 instability

From: Grant Hardy <grant_hardy_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:52:10 -0700

Hi all,

My iriver H340 w/Rockbox has recently been very unstable: it freezes a lot;
takes a long time to load songs (at varying times); and won’t even let me
backup the contents of my iriver to the computer because, according to
Windows Explorer, certain files failed a “redundancy check”. I thought all
the instability, at least in the UI of the player itself, might have
something to do with the RB build I was using, but even downgrading to an
earlier build didn’t help. What could be causing this? I really hope my
hard disk isn’t going dead. It will not complete a scan disk, the process
simply freezes.

Grant