Subject: Re: iriver H340 instability

Re: iriver H340 instability

From: Stephen Clower <steve_at_steve-audio.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:42:15 -0500

Grant Hardy wrote:
1) The unit still mostly plays files just fine. Is it DEFINITELY a hard
disk problem or could it just need reformatting? Is there a way to test
this out?
 From a command window, issue the following command:
chkdsk e: /f
where e: represents the drive letter of your Iriver. The program will
fix any errors it can and then report the amount of bad sectors encountered.

2) If the drive needs to be replaced, a sighted person tells me that the
pictures of hard drive replacement look extremely complicated. Is this
true, and if so, are there places that will do this for you for a reasonable
price?
The pictures do look complicated, but the process is very
straightforward. You literally take one drive out and replace it with
another one; no unusual bracketing is needed. The only complicated
procedure I've come across is when replacing the stock battery with a
higher capacity one made for Ipods.

Grant
Steve