Subject: Re: Intermittent freezing problems on Iriver H340

Re: Intermittent freezing problems on Iriver H340

From: Calum Mackay <calum.mackay_at_cdmnet.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 00:54:35 +0100

hi Mike,

> First a question. From reading messages, I understand there is a hard
> reset button somewhere on the H340. I checked the documentation and
> couldn't find a reference to "hard reset" anywhere. So, can someone
> tell a blind user where the hard reset button is?

yup, the reset button is immediately below the mic, as Daniel noted, on
the LHS panel of the 340.

The button is recessed within a tiny hole (< 1mm), and needs to be
pressed with some sharp object, e.g. unfolded paper clip.

If you feel down the LHS side of the 340, from the top, you will feel
the mic itself, which is about 15mm from top to bottom.

Immediately below this you will feel something, which is the embossed
word "RESET". Immediately *above* this, i.e. between the mic and the
embossing, is the small hole. I can't feel this myself, so I imagine it
might be a bit of a trick to engage the paper clip in the hole. I've
tried it myself in the dark, and struggled.

[Further down still, almost halfway-down, there is a recessed
screw-hole; don't get misled by that: the reset hole is only a few mm
below the mic]

hope this helps a bit.

cheers,
calum.