Subject: Re: voicebox?

Re: voicebox?

From: Tyler Wood <tcwood12_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:08:19 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Erin Chaves
  To: Rockbox
  Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:19 PM

  Tyler Wood wrote:
  I've got 467 files+, probably closer to 700. I'm converting them to sapi 5, however, I'm not sure if there converting or not; and, when its finished, the pop-up lasts for only a moment, so if I don't catch it, I don't know if the process has finished or not.

    Tyler,
    When you hear the Voicebox ding, that means it has converted all of the files you specified.

    Tyler wrote:
    Should I convert the j:\ folder, or should I be going j:\ripped cds\ Rock Music
    Will that work better? Currently, I'm converting the hole thing, starting with j:\. Will this work?

    Well, it depends on how many folders you want to have voiced with Sapi5.
    As for me, I have voiced all the folders on my Iaudio.
    The cool thing is, you can create desktop shortcuts for specific folders, so next time you want to run Voicebox, it's a click away.
    I have shortcuts set up for several folders. Sometimes I only need to voice 'audio books', for example, so I enter on that shortcut.

    Tyler wrote:
    How long should the process take, anyway?

    It depends on how many files you're scripting.
    It you're doing several hundred files, it's going to take a few minutes.

    Erin

    Hi,

    I created a shortcut- but, when I enter on it, it asks me what I want to use to open this file.
    TYler