Subject: Re: iPod 5G bricked very shortly after firmware+bootloader upgrade

Re: iPod 5G bricked very shortly after firmware+bootloader upgrade

From: Nix <nix_at_esperi.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:34:12 +0100

On 2 Apr 2007, nix_at_esperi.org.uk said:
> So it looks like as soon as it switches to the bootloader it's getting
> killed somehow.

That's not it, and it's revived, sort of.

I watched it during the charging process. Once it leaves the
battery-display really-low-power mode, the bootloader kicks in and
brings up rockbox... and rockbox then sits at the main menu, frozen
solid, spinning the disk constantly until the box runs so low on
power that it can't even boot up far enough to start charging.

I'm in emergency disk mode recharging now, and will try to see if
maybe r12988 fixes it (this is a crash, that's a crash, it looks
slightly suspicious).

Otherwise it's time to back down to 20061218 again, since I *know* that
works and I'm going on holiday away from computers in under a day.

--
`In the future, company names will be a 32-character hex string.'
  --- Bruce Schneier on the shortage of company names