Subject: Re: Sansa E200 support

Re: Sansa E200 support

From: Robert Menes <viewtiful.icchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:33:08 -0400

On 4/10/07, Paul Hopewell <hopewell_at_hopewell.org.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
> Does the rockbox support for the SanDisk Sansa E200 also work with other
> SanDisk models derived from the E200? In particular does it work with the
> SanDisk Sansa C250, which is based on the E200?
>
> I am looking at the Sansa C250 as it has an FM radio, a user replaceable
> battery, and it supports the Audible formats for audio books. It would be
> even better if it worked with rockbox.
> Does anyone on the list have a Sansa C250? If so is it easy to use blind
> (without looking at the screen)? Do the menus wrap i.e. if you are on the
> first menu item and you press the menu up button do you go to the last menu
> item (menu wrap) or do you stay on the first menu item? It is much easier to
> use blind if the menus do not wrap.
> Many thanks
>
> Paul Hopewell
> hopewell_at_hopewell.org.uk

Hi Paul,

Sorry, the c200 series isn't supported by Rockbox yet. The e200 series does
have most
of the same features, though. I would like to see the c200 series be
supported soon, but
as they say, "Good things come to those who wait"... or was that "If you
don't like it, then
do it yourself"? :)

In either case, get an e200 model for now.

--Rob
(Rockbox user since 12/28/06; running on a 5.5G iPod video, 30GB)

--
Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.