Subject: Re: Help needed

Re: Help needed

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:09:25 +0100 (BST)

Scott Rumery wrote:
> Hello, I am having some trouble with my H-320. I have installed an older
> build of Rockbox and I cannot seem to get it to voice anything. The
> installed build is for February 14th 2007 and I have the English Ms Mary
> voice that I had on my previous Iriver's. Also I cannot seem to get my
> player to stay in battery mode. I do not know if there is a setting for
> AC power, or if I need to manually set it to use the battery. Supposedly
> the person I bought it from had just had a new battery installed, but I
> have my doubts about that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to get a recent voice file as well, as the main build and the
voice file need to match up pretty well, otherwise they don't work at all,
or at least have a lot missing. I would recommend downloading the current
build and voice file and installing them.

Not sure what you mean by "battery mode". Do you mean that it won't work
unless it is plugged into the wall power? If so, it sounds like there
could be some sort of hardware problem, maybe a loose wire or faulty
battery.
--
Mike Holden
http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted