Subject: Re: Problem with pause/play button Archos Recorder V1

Re: Problem with pause/play button Archos Recorder V1

From: Menachem Shapiro <menachem.shapiro_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:08:53 -0700

B"H
On 3/20/07, Menachem Shapiro <menachem.shapiro_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> B"H
> Hello
>
> I have the latest daily build for the Archos Recorder V1.
>
> Because I am having a difficult time describing the exact problem I am
> having, I am not creating a bug report. Instead, I am presenting this
> to the list, where I hope someone can verify this is an issue and get
> a handle on what the problem really is. Once we figure out exactly
> what the problem is, I can file a bug report, if it is still needed.
>
> Here is the problem, as best as I can describe it.
>
> When playing mp3s, pressing the play/pause button doesn't always work
> as it should. I can start the mp3, but when I hit the pause button, it
> goes to a settings page. I think it is settings for the mp3 file
> itself. This does not happen every time. Usually, the first time I
> press pause/play it works as intended, but starts acting wonky after
> that (although not always right after that).
>
> In order to get the button to work properly, I have to hit the ON key,
> and to go out of the While Playing Screen, and then hit it again,
> until I get back to the While Playing Screen. Once I do that,
> pause/play works properly again, at least for a while.

I figured out what was causing my problems, it was my fault. When I
upgraded to the new firmware, I went through all the settings, to see
what had changed. One of the things I did was enable "First Keypress
Enables Backlight Only".

Since most of the time the backlight was off when I was pressed
Play/Pause, it did not respond, which is what made me think it was
broken. I disabled "First Keypress Enables Backlight Only", and it
worked as expected.

Menachem