Subject: Re: Ipod nano and usb

Re: Ipod nano and usb

From: Peter Verhoeven <pverhoe_at_magnifiers.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:38:18 +0200

Hi Thomas,

I had the same problem with my Ipod nano.
There is something wrong with the formatting.

The best way to fix this is repair it in Itunes and re-install Rockbox.

1. Connect your Ipod to the USB port on your computer.
2. Launch Itunes.
3. Itunes will report that your Ipod is corrupt and ask you to repair it.
4. Confirm that you like repair it. Wait until Itunes report the Ipod is
repaired. This can take some minutes. To repair you also need a connection
with the Internet.
5. After iTunes has repaired you rIpod Nano, you can see the Ipod as disk
again in Windows Explorer and you see the default folders like Contacts,
Notes etc..
6 The repair has restored the original Apple firmware and overwritten the
Rockbox firmware and dual loader.
7. Copy the latest Rockbox version again to you Ipod Nano, optional add a
speech file to the lang folder and run the ipodpatcher.exe program.

Hopes this is also the solution for you!

Regards Peter Verhoeven