Subject: Re: iPod will not shutdown

Re: iPod will not shutdown

From: Matthew Caron <matt_at_mattcaron.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:35:36 -0400

\> thing is I can't shutdown my iPod. A long press on the Play button
> brings up the 'Shutting Down' message, the Apple logo appears and then
> Rockbox starts up again.

That happens to me if it's plugged in when you turn it off. Is it?

> BTW what do most people use to transfer playlists to the Rockbox iPod
> from Linux?

Depends:

(1) If you're talking about copying the playlist (like the actual .m3u
file) I use cp.

(2) If you're talking about copying all the files to which the playlist
refers, I currently use cp, but plan on writing a script for that.

(3) If you're asking "how do I sync my podcasts to my ipod and only put
the new ones there", I wrote a script for that:
http://www.mattcaron.net/linux/scripts/sync_podcasts
PGP Key: http://www.mattcaron.net/pgp_key.txt
 ~~ Matt Caron ~~