Subject: Really bad ipod erra!

Really bad ipod erra!

From: James Malone. <james.malone35_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:34:21 +1000

Hey I haven't posted to this list for quite some time, but I have a massive
problem Yesterday morning, I plugged in my ipod nano first gen and the
computer forsed me to reformat my ipod!
So, I had no Problem reformatting it but when I disconnected my ipod through
safely remove Hardware, I couldn't get it to work at all!
It seemed as though it had just died!
The light was on, I tried a lot of things.
I tried pushing the play button to turn it off, but to no avale
Nothing seemed to work I also tried.
Putting it in to disk mode, but it didn't work at all, I tried putting it in
the computer again but nothing happened it didn't make the sound in Windows
XP to show that it had connected it did not even show it in the my computer
folder!
But it just would not go it would do anything! the light would not even go
off, I couldn't turn it off, I even tried a rockbox reset but no mucking
around with the buttons made it work at all.
And now the most really annoying thing is that I couldn't get in to the ipod
apple firmware it self!
I couldn't do anything about it!
So, today, I got someone to read the screen for me today, and all it had
were a picture of the apple thing and then it said on the screen:
Ipod bootloader version 1.0 and then it said the ipods bootloader version
and then it said,
Rockbox bootloader erra! Can not boot in to rockbox or something like that.

And then I had someone suggest to me to try and put it in a wall charger so
I did, but I didn't think that that would help
And it didn't!
Could anyone give me any Suggestions, or at least try to give me any help at
all?
Any kind of help would be awesome thanks
Oh and bt the way, this is no boddies folt so I am not blaming you people
who have put so much time and effert in to making the rockbox work for the
ipods
If it wasn't for you people I would not be able, to do what I can do today!
You are doing an awesome job!
cia