Subject: Re: IAudio subpack

Re: IAudio subpack

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:49:58 +0200

On 20.04.2007, Ray Lambert wrote:

> chou.clement_at_gmail.com wrote:
>> Ah, thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try, but being a
>> blind user, how would I install rockbox again after I
>> restored it to the cowon firmware without the subpack and
>> charger?

> Hmmm.... good question. I presume you didn't install the boot
> loader that lets you choose which to run?

> In that case, I guess the easiest way would be to use the
> Rockbox file rename feature to rename the rockbox image file
> so it isn't recognized by the boot loader and isn't loaded.
> You need to highlight the file and hold the joy button down. I
> don't recall exactly what the menu says and I don't have my
> player with me at the moment to check.

That won't work with the official bootloader since it doesn't
support dualboot. And that means the original firmware is simply
not there to start, so renaming/removing rockbox.iaudio simply
leads to the X5 not booting. It's safe from bricking because the
cowon loader does USB and hence allows to put back
rockbox.iaudio or a firmware file for flashing, but without a
way to connect the charger, flashing is not possible.

Regards, Jens