Subject: Re: Need help with IAudio X5 and rockbox installation

Re: Need help with IAudio X5 and rockbox installation

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:20:40 +0200

Christy Schulte wrote:
> Somehow after I'd put the rockbox firmware on, in
> the process of trying to get the thing to talk, all those things I'd
> deleted, at least the folders, came back on.

Yes, the Cowon bootloader does this before loading the Rockbox
bootloader. Quite annoying.

> Any ideas?

You need to verify that Rockbox really is installed correctly, which is
not easy without sighted assistance.

Try this: Insert the USB cable when the device is off. Verify that the
.rockbox directory is in the root and nowhere else. Then delete the file
config.cfg in that directory and unplug the USB cable.

Linus