Subject: Re: Why not Daisy when Doom? (

Re: Why not Daisy when Doom? (

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:20:02 -0600

You wrote;
well really instead of bickering back and forth someone who is able to
should e tasked to look in to it at the very least,

**Feel free to do so dude! You may be new to the list so let me remind you
that as an open source project, rockbox is a volunteer project. As Daniel
said, feel free to get on it!

all this speculation
really isn't getting us anywhere. Doing this would in many sences be a huge
stepp, especially for blind users.

**Huge step for blind users? What are you talking about? Do you really
think the voice UI would be able to handle Daisy txt books?
There are already many features in rockbox including extensive book marking
and resume that allow a blind user to navigate an audio book effectively.
In many cases you can rip the MP3 files from daisy and play them on a
rockbox supported player.
Finally, there are many existing players designed to play the daisy format:
Victor Reader
book port
Book Currier
Milestone 311
Smart phones
but to name a few.

These units are competitively priced to any rockbox supported player.

So, even if rockbox could support Daisy, how would this really benefit blind
users?

rocker