Subject: Re: Why not Daisy when Doom? (was Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 20, Issue 24)

Re: Why not Daisy when Doom? (was Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 20, Issue 24)

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:33:31 +0200

On 4/24/07, Dj Paddy <mygroups_at_djpaddy.co.uk> wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Thanks for being so anal on the top posting.
>
> I was replying to an existing thread, which is why I did not change the
> subject line.

This list has rules everyone is supposed to follow. Such kind of rules
are commonly known in the internet as "netiquette". About every
mailing list has such rules even if they aren't always written down
explicitly, and you can find the version for this mailing list at the
following url: http://www.rockbox.org/mail/etiquette.html Btw, that
text also gets mailed to the list from time to time so you should be
aware of the rules.

It doesn't matter if the original poster of a thread was following
that guidelines or not, if you are replying you are supposed to follow
them. They explicitly state not to use top posting, and personally I
find it quite rude to first not follow the etiquette of this list and
then calling someone who tells you to follow the rules being "anal".

my 2¢.

 - Dominik