Subject: Some questions about new bootloader + fw

Some questions about new bootloader + fw

From: Matthew Caron <matt_at_mattcaron.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:00:23 -0400

Hi all,

I finally took the plunge and updated my Nano to the latest bootloader
and firmware off of a version from back in February. However, I do have
a couple of questions.

(1) Clearing settings.

And thus the manual spake:

        ======
Note: You can also reset all settings to their default values by turning
off the player, and turning it back on with the hold button on.
======

However, this doesn't seem to be accurate, as it boots the Apple
firmware. How does one clear the settings?

(2) Continuing to play while plugging in to USB

I thought that there used to be a way to get your iPod to keep playing
and not go into disk mode when you plugged in a USB cable. However, this
doesn't seem to work (as soon as I let go of the menu button, it goes
into disk mode). So, am I misremembering and/or crazy? If not, then how
is this supposed to work?

Aside from that, I really like the new version. It seems a lot snappier,
and much quicker to resume playing an ogg file which was playing when I
turned the player off.

Keep up the good work!

PGP Key: http://www.mattcaron.net/pgp_key.txt
Molon Labe!