Subject: iAudio X5 repair help/advice

iAudio X5 repair help/advice

From: Ray Lambert <codemonkey_at_interthingy.net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 18:36:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I think I just accidentally fried the charging circuit on my X5 by setting
the wrong polarity on a car charger. :( Everything still works fine
except that no charger is recognized anymore when I plug one in. I guess
that's what I get for connecting the stupid plug one-handed while driving
(doh!) :(

Anyway, I wanted to ask some advice of the fine folks on this list. I
have two questions:

1) Has anyone ever had a similar problem? If so, how did you fix it? Did
Cowon repair it? What did they charge you?

2) To those of you who are familiar with the X5 internals, is there any
hope of my possibly repairing it myself? I'm pretty good with a soldering
iron, but not good enough to repair surface mount components, which is
what I expect to find. Is it even worth my opening it to look and see?

I've had my X5 for a little over a year so I believe the warranty is long
gone. I've heard though that Cowon will repair them anyway (for a fee).

Thanks in advance!!

~ray

--
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?