Subject: Re: Mpeg Player (Gigabeat)

Re: Mpeg Player (Gigabeat)

From: Michael Sevakis <jethead71_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 14:04:34 -0400

LOL...aright!

It's time to focus and no more low level code for a bit unless some major
problem comes up or it's a quick thing to do. I really want it working but I
think this is like recording which just takes some time to complete and make
sure one doesn't continue down a wrong path since it keeps leading me to
stuff that looks awfully like the other two playback engines. Multiple
streams seeking with all the constraints of static buffers and having to
avoid disk spins makes not a pretty picture. Doing this for a desktop PC
would be at least an order of magnitude simpler to get through. Also, if we
want good frame accurate seeks, it's not as simple as just starting playback
at some arbitrary byte in the file though that probably would actually work
since it would all resync itself.

Once things click they move pretty fast.