Subject: Maybe sort of OT, buying/selling an IAudio with Rockbox

Maybe sort of OT, buying/selling an IAudio with Rockbox

From: Christy Schulte <christy_at_faylen.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:29:47 -0500

Hey all,

Ok so, after weeks of trying to get Amy's IAudio working, it seems to just
not want to. I contacted the people I bought it from, who sent me back to
the manufacturer, who want me to pay to get the thing repaired since they
say my problem isn't covered under warranty... All this, after I suspect a
problem with the original unit caused all these problems to begin with. But
what can you do?

So, I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and buying a new unit. Anyone
know if it's at all possible to buy these things with rockbox already
installed? I want to make sure it actually works instead of wasting any more
money. And does anyone have suggestions for selling the one I have? I'm
thinking someone with enough technical knowledge of these things might just
be able to get it working again, fix whatever defect is causing it to flip
out. I know there's ebay, but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.