Subject: Re: [IAudio] Battery capacity

Re: [IAudio] Battery capacity

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 18:46:01 +0200

On 5/15/07, RaZorbacK <lists_at_sof-paradise.info> wrote:
> could someone please tell me what the battery capacity settings is made
> for. I mean, what would happen if I modify those miliampers to a higher
> value for example? Could it extend the battery duration?

No -- the battery duration is limited by the battery capacity, which
itself is fixed by the battery itself. You can't overcome hardware
limitations (here: battery capacity) with software. That setting is
only used for the estimated remaining runtime calculation. It has
absolutely no effect on the real runtime of your player. The setting
itself comes from the fact that there are players with swappable
batteries (in which case you of course can put in batteries with a
different capacity). It is also useful if you replaced the battery in
your player, i.e. if the batttery is dead and you replaced it with a
new one with a different capacity.

Usually you won't need to touch this setting at all.

 - Dominik