Subject: what's my current version?

what's my current version?

From: Paul Erkens <pjealt_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 20:03:11 +0200

Hi list,

If you have the rockbox voice menus enabled, you will find that if, from the main menu, you go into system and then into version, the voice will say: version screen do not speak". I am blind, and other than this voice, I obviously cannot get feedback from the player's display screen. And indeed as the voice announces, the version screen won't be read.

So I'm wondering: is there another way to check the current version number of rockbox on my player? I still have the installation files on my pc, and I can also browse the unit by U S B. Any ideas as to how I can find that number?

Second: the rockbox site is not very accessible, in that it is hard to read for people using screen readers to access their pc screen information. On what page (link) on the rockbox site do I find out, wether the current build for my unit on the site is newer than what I am using now? I have a Cowon IAudio, x5.

Best regards,
Paul.